Tuesday, July 31, 2012

10 days

survived my 10 days village stay in lamphun and now back to the city area.

gotta admit it was one interesting experiences and i'm thankful to my host family for taking great care of me, always making sure that i'm ok and with enough food to eat. confession, half of the time i have no idea what i'm eating. no joke. one morning my host family served us grasshopper! omfg. no didnt try it. me no balls yo. told myself no more gross food after my last experience with wormies.

my stay in village was really 'healthy'. waking up at 6:30am everyday and feeling sleepy at 9pm? crap. if this continue in singapore i wont be late for work anymore! that damn rooster kp non stop that it's really hard to ignore it. am seriously thinking of kidnapping one back to singapore. HAHAH. i gate crash a funeral. yea. was really shocked when i reach the place. am so glad to have another singaporean with me to experience such 'interesting' experience. somehow i feel like superstar there, with my host family introducing me to everyone.

people there were really nice. always greeting you with their biggest smile. and of course i smiled back to with my brightest smile. HAHAHA. so far the people i met in chiangmai were really nice and am really thankful for that. (:

anyway back to my work in lamphun, we rebuild the playground and pavement for wat sribangwan school and did some painting too. the folks from NTU worked really hard, MEE TOO HOR. it's so tiring and my musclessss. thank god i brought counterpain along with me. hehe. the answer to all muscle aches. my first time doing serious construction and damn i really respect those construction workers in Singapore who are doing it everyday for us without any complains. everyone please treat them nicer!! they are always out slogging under the sun building this and that for us, making sure we have a safe home to stay, place to play.
the kids were really nice. helping us out even on weekends! carrying bricks with us, working hard with us under the hot sun. heart them soo much. and no they didnt complain at all and i can seriously see them having fun. laughing non stop as they work.
removing and replacing the bricks was a challenge too. imagine carrying it and lying it one bricks at a time... and now i know why our parents always force us to study and making sure that we have a good education.
during weekend, host family brought us out to the city to visit various temples. and some nights the rest of the hosts invited us over to their house for dinner and gathering. so nice of them yo! we need to bring the kampung spirit back to singapore!
the completed work! (Love Beyond Borders) if you look hard enough you can see my hand print there!
again farewell was hard. a teary one as usual. kinda expected it after all this is the 123456789 farewell that i had since my short stay in chiangmai. already told myself not to get too attached to anyone because it hurts when they leave. (:

with my kuan po and kuan meh from lamphun! 
sent the NTU folks off on sunday and everyone in the village came tooooo! they are already talking about coming over to singapore to visit us. WOW.
my last 2 or is it 3 weeks stay in chiangmai. wtf. so fast suddenly. for sure i will miss everyone here. i dont want september to come. i dont want to go back to my 'robot', stressful life in singapore and i know september will be really crap because there are many events going on during that period. folks here are asking me to come back again next year to help out with their conference and be a staff. i'm seriously thinking about it but if i really do come back it means i will need to postpone my studies again. whaaaatttt.

dad is always asking me to go home whenever i call back and he dont even mind paying for me to change my flight back home. dad i know you miss me but im not done yet. not yet. (:

No comments: