Sunday, July 08, 2012

Street children project


visited the street children's accommodation area today and i'm really thankful for everything i have in my life now. a nice home to go back to at the end of the day, not having to worried about money issues in my life other than occasionally worried over not enough money to feed my shopping addiction. this is bullshit.

try imaging yourself living above the swamp. definitely not pleasant with those creepy bugs crawling around and not forgetting the smell from the swamp. one thing that i learn from them, no matter how bad their living condition is, their smile is always there. you should see how friendly they are, smiling non stop at us intruders when we visited them. they make me believe that we should never be tied down by our problems in life. or maybe to them all these are not even a big problem.


 "drying your clothes the 'natural' way"
 
i met a little boy there. he kept yakking non stop to me in thai and i have totally no idea what he is talking about. just went along with him, smile, acknowledge and repeat after him. a bit weird initially but we got comfortable with each other after a while. i think he got used to me eventually. i was making random noises and he started following me. nice. :) i need to brush up on my thai. i need to learn some simple greetings.
 "a doorway to a better future."

No comments: