Sunday, January 22, 2012

cny eve.

it's chinese new year eve today and for the past few days my residents are always coming to me asking "am i going home for new year?" "when is my family coming to pick me up?" "i am going home right?"

going home is something that we do everyday and take for granted. sometimes we don't even feel like going home. whereas there are people longing to go home but not able to.

i try not to answer their questions directly because i do not have any answers for them and it's really sad to see their eager faces looking at you waiting for an answer but only to be disappointed.

some of my residents are going home for new year.. but some are not. and it's always very sad to be the one left behind. nobody wants to be left behind. you should see the smile on their faces when they are all dress up waiting to go home. and mind you their smiles are contagious.

nothing beats spending time together as a family and i'm thankful and blessed to have my family here with me for this new year and every new year.

No comments: