Sunday, August 12, 2012

bungy jump in chiangmai, thailand

a leap of faith. 

i reckon you  need to do something crazy when you are young and healthy. so i went ahead to sign up for bungy jump. alone. yes. no one want to do it with me. it's 2000baht ($80) per jump and they find it expensive.
                                    
few weeks back, my thai's friend (Tong) was randomly sharing with me about him wanting to try bungy. my reaction at that time was HELL NO. THAT'S CRAZY. but no idea why one morning i just woke up with this thought in my mind that "hey, im going to do bungy jump. yes i'm going to jump." everyone was shock when i told them about it and nobody believe that i want to do it.

i told lms online about it and he say "you are even afraid of cliff diving and you sure you want to do this? go try other easier jump first. 50 metres is fucking high and enough to make you shit your pants. i remember seeing a person shit on his pants after jumping off." wtf. HAHAHA and he proceed to ask me any last words? damn. such encouraging friends.

quek "you dont even dare to sit the rollar coaster and you want to do bungy jump? siao ah?" 

thai friends "hopefully no earthquake!! i dont want to see news of you causing earthquake in chiangmai!" hahaha they are so cute sometimes. 

despite all the negative comments from my buddies, i went ahead to do it. no idea why am i so determinded this time round. i kinda brain wash myself everyday "just jump only. nothing to be afraid of."

 (taking my weight)
            
i'm seriously so proud or rather FUCKING proud of myself for doing this. i stopped playing extreme sports (not that i tried many) and suddenly one day i'm doing bungy jump? wtf.
(getting ready)
               
 
thinking back i really wonder where i got my courage from. holy shit.

(on my way up)
i remember grabbing on to the pole refusing to let go before jumping, saying wtf.omg.nonono non stop.
 
the instructor who stayed with me was trying all ways to convince me to let go of my hand. HAHAHA. and before i knew it, i was flying in the air! screamed non stop and when i cooled down, i open my eyes and started to check out the amazing view. gotta thank the instructor for helping me with the jump, i think he 'push' me down. me no balls to do it myself. LOL.
omg im so brave. im so brave. im so brave. biggest achievement unlock for this year.
totally shaking non stop. when i'm done, they were asking me to do it again. hell no. once is enough i think.

in case you are wondering, a pole was given to me, grab it and that's how i come down.
i told my parents about it and mum and dad's reaction were different. dad "why you waste your money to do this? you should use the money to buy more things and donate to the children there!" LOLOL. mum "wah, you not scare arh? and start to laugh at me." i love you twoooo seriously. and i cant wait to show them the pictures. one stranger took a video of me jumping, she showed me but too bad i dont have the file with me. :(
the guy that helped me for my little adventure.

it suddenly came to me that the first half of 2012 is seriously really amazing for me. i did things that i never think i will do. traveling alone, bungy jump, etc. and not forgetting meeting all these amazing people that somehow inspire me in one way or another. (:

i am thankful for everything and everyone that i have in my life now. 2012, please continue to be that amazing for me and everyone. (:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!