Friday, October 08, 2010

2 years (:

unknowingly i have worked here (bishan home, a place filled with little angels (: ) for 2 years!
well done ziqi! :D

and i also gotten my 2nd anniversary 'present'! hehehe

lately it has been a tiring and energy zapping journey. maybe it's a sign that i'm aging and no longer as energetic as before. :( but nevertheless i'm still hanging on and trying my best to enjoy every moment of it. well it's definitely not easy having to deal with volunteers...

often I have to remind myself to stay hyper and happy in order to engage my volunteers and make sure that they are fine even though there are moments when i just feel like sitting down quietly at one corner and not do anything. yeaa. that's the 'bad' side of my job. and often i feel that i'm putting on a mask when talking to people. hehehe. no choice when you have to deal with people. well... it's definitely tiring.. and i'm starting to feel tired...

but what drives me on... the smiles on my residents' faces each time after every activities/ sessions with the volunteers. all the fun they had and how they look forward to every sessions is what motivate me to hang on and want to give more to them. (:

i'm definitely loving every moment of it.. spending time with all my sweet and ever adorable residents and knowing them better with each passing days. we started off as strangers and now they have become a part of me.

time spent with them was definitely memorable.. they showed me the simplicity of life.. and taught me how to love and care for somebody...

and it warms my heart to hear them addressing me by my name or meimei (little sister, that's what i taught them to call me! heh) because it shows that they actually remembered who i am. and i have a place in their heart.

they cheer me up when i'm stress up over work and gave me the warm that i need.

they shared their food with me when they received special snacks from people... even though i told them it's okay.. you can have it but they will insist that i eat it together with them..

they protected me when somebody tried to disturb me and will even reprimand the other party and tell them that 'she is mine, you cant disturb her.'

they pack my table for me when they noticed how untidy my table is with papers around when im busy at work...

they make a card for me when i'm sick and absent from work and tell me to take good care of myself, eat well and sleep well..

yes.. that's how thoughtful they are..

and they are definitely the little angels in my heart (:

No comments: