Monday, November 21, 2011

going home

something that i tweeted few weeks back..

a reminder to us again not to take things and people for granted. Always make an effort to care for the people who love you dearly before it's too late.


Brought my resident home earlier to visit her grandma because grandma told me she didn't see her for a long time. And you should see the smile on my resident and grandma's faces when they sees each other. My resident was smiling throughout the journey there when she knows she is going home to visit grandma.

Going home, something that we get to do everyday but not them.

When it's time to leave, my resident refuses to leave the sofa. She thought she is staying for the night. And I don't see her smile anymore. During the visit, grandma was telling me that her grandson did not visit her anymore. He complained that he is busy with work and all. And grandma added on that, but there is public holiday and weekends? I'm sure if he wants he can make some time for me right?

What she said struck a chord in me. We often take things for granted thinking that they will always be there. It's okay if we don't visit now. And we drag and drag till they are gone and we started to regret not spending more time with them. I'm guilty of that too.

I promise I will try to be less lazy and make an effort to catch up more often.

No comments: