Tuesday, February 10, 2009

journey home

the journey home tonight was very different from the past few trips. i granted myself early dismissal thus i board the bus earlier than my usual timing. as the bus was quite pack today, i sat at the last row, near the window. i was listening to my mp3 and day dreaming. suddenly this weird uncle board the bus and sat down beside me. half way through the journey, i noticed him trying to talk to me and seems like he is asking me something. so i took out my ear piece and decided to hear him out, hoping that it can clear whatever doubts he had.. reason being is because.. after working in this line for a couple of months, i grew to be more understanding and tolerance towards people who are mentally challenged. i became more aware of the disabled elderly around me.

anyway he was yakking something about the new ez-link card.. seriously half of the time i dont know what is he talking about. i just noood my head all the way. initially i was kind enough to entertain him.. i assume that he needs someone to talk to so i just pretend to listen and acknowlege him.. (thats what i've been telling my volunteers when they are here. so i should practice what i preach!! ahah) after that HE STARTED TALKING ABOUT SEX!! LIKE TELLING ME WHERE CAN FIND CHEAP AND GOOD PROSTITUTE!! $20 DOLLARS FOR ONE WOMAN!! MAKE THE WEIRD HANDS GESTURE OF PEOPLE FUCKING.. then ask me if im married from china or singapore.. want dinner blah blah.. seriously..

WHAT THE FUCK RIGHT?!!?!

then i quickly took out my phone to call someone.. then he saw me taking out something from my bag asked me if i want to give him ang bao? !!!! okay... so i told him NO.. -_- while i was chatting with my friend he continue to talk and talk and talk despite the fact that im not listening to him!!

anyway.. after a while i realised that he kept repeating himself... might be suffering from dementia? beside that .. the rest of the passengers were giving me those weird look! at one point of time im thinking if somebody sitting beside me anot? why is everyone looking at me? then i got really worried and started looking for his "shadow"! hahah. so when i confirm that he is a HUMAN and not me talking to myself im more relax because i know they not laughing at me.. hahah.. damn embarassing lah!.. one guy saw what happened and we started laughing! hahaa. and he even asked me over to sit with him.. man.. i was damn relieve when he finally alight at yishun!!

No comments: