Sunday, April 29, 2007

love

Red roses were her favorites; her namewas also Rose,And every year her husband sent themtied with pretty bows.The year he died the roses weredelivered to her door,The card said "Be My Valentine" likeall the years before.

Each year he sent her roses and thenote would always say,"I love you even more this year thanlast year on this day,My love for you will always grow withevery passing year,"She knew this was the last time thatthe roses would appear.

She thought he ordered roses inadvance before this day,Her loving husband did not know thathe would pass away.He always liked to do things early waybefore the time,Then if he got too busy everythingwould work out fine.

She trimmed the stems and placed themin a very special vase,Then sat the vase beside the portraitof his smiling face.She would sit for hours in herhusband's favorite chair,While staring at his picture and theroses sitting there.

A year went by and it was hard to livewithout her mate,With loneliness and solitude that hadbecome her fate.Then the very hour as on Valentinesbefore,The doorbell rang and there were rosessitting by her door.

She brought the roses in and then justlooked at them in shock,Then went to get the telephone to callthe florist shop.The owner answered and she asked himif he would explain,Why would someone do this to hercausing her such pain?

"I know your husband passed away morethan a year ago,"The owner said, "I knew you'd call andyou would want to know.""The flowers you received today werepaid for in advance,Your husband always planned ahead heleft nothing to chance."

"There is a standing order that I haveon file down here,And he has paid well in advance you'llget them every year.""There also is another thing that Ithink you should know,He wrote a special little card he didthis years ago."

"Then should ever I find out that he'sno longer here,That's the card that should be sent toyou the following year."She thanked him and hung up the phoneher tears now flowing hard,Her fingers shaking as she slowlyreached to get the card.

Inside the card she saw that he hadwritten her a note,Then as she stared in total silencethis is what he wrote.Hello my love I know it's been a yearsince I've been gone,I hope it hasn't been too hard for youto overcome.

I know it must be lonely and the painis very real,For if it was the other way I know howI would feel.The love we shared made everything sobeautiful in life,I loved you more than words can sayyou were the perfect wife.

You were my friend and lover youfulfilled my every need,I know it's only been a year butplease try not to grieve.I want you to be happy even when youshed your tears,That is why the roses will be sent toyou for years.

When you get these roses think of allthe happiness,That we had together and how both ofus were blessed.I have always loved you and I know Ialways will,But my love you must go on you havesome living still.

Please try to find happiness whileliving out your days,I know it is not easy but I hope youfind some ways.The roses will come every year andthey will only stop,When your door's not answered when theflorist stops to knock.

He will come five times that day incase you have gone out,But after his last visit he will knowwithout a doubt,To take the roses to the place whereI've instructed him,And place the roses where we aretogether once again.

- Written and owned by James A.Kisner -

No comments: